Saturday, September 13, 2008

Three days in ten minutes or less...

Its been a while since I have had access to internet...still fighting the French keyboard. I have officially located the A in my brain but can still never find the W or the M. Harriet and I stayed the night Wednesday at an old mill that has been converted into a B&B on a small river. It was honestly one of the most beautiful places I have seen in my life--pictures to come-- and only had three rooms. Micheal and Madeline came over for dinner and we were served a five course meal on the patio that was delicious. The next day we all drove to the beach and ate once again, another lovely meal. Despite our huge language barrier, Michelle, Madeline and I had a lovely time together. After lunch, I excused myself and took a two hour walk on the beach.
The next day we got up and drove to Madeline's-- a different one--who lived in the same apqrtment building as Deanna in Paris. We met her at her country house near an island Abby which we detoured at on the way. It was a lovely old house that had dirt floors when her family bought it many years ago. She also had a yellow lab named Lets Go. She welcomed us very warmly and we told good Deanna stories.
Today we drove what seemed like all day to a town called Amnies. Due to a couple wrong turns, a forgotten bag and lunch we spent most of the day in the car but were able to catch the cathedral light show this evening.
Tomorrow I am off to Paris to see Odile. Hopefully I will have more access to email so send me your updates.
xoxox Rach

1 comment:

joni said...

Hi Rachel, wow can you get this, JONI