Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day #3



We spent our last full day in Paris seeing the sights. We went first this morning to the National library, which was built in a gigantic rectangle with a courtyard in the middle. The courtyard was full of tall trees that were strapped to the ground since the wind was so bad. After walking around the building, we took a water taxi towards Notre Dame before having lunch. We dined in a tiny place with tables so close together, I could have reached over to our neighbor's table and sampled their lunch. It had doll sized tables, chairs, painos and benches tacked to the walls. It was the music that was so amusing. During lunch, I was able to listen to the musical stylings of Katie Perry and Amy Winehouse.
After lunch we saw Notre Dame (the line was way too long to get in...another thing Harriet and I agree on-- not waiting in line) and then saw the inside of another church with fabulous stained glass. We had to go through security and I was frisked because my watch set off the alarm. We walked around the Left Bank and into the Luxomburg Gardens for a while before heading back to the hotel. When my mom and I were in Paris five years ago visiting Deanna, we went to the Luxomburg gardens. I took a lot of the same pictures that I took five years ago...which I would upload, if I could figure out how.

I would travel with Harriet any day, any time, any place. I swear if you gave this woman a decent map, she could direct you to the North Pole and she would never get lost. We are having dinner tonight at a resturant we saw our first evening here with an American couple from our East we met in the hotel. Tomorrow we are heading West after mass.
Again, no spell check and typing fast. I will do my best to get pictures uploaded in the next couple of days. Still fighting the jet lag so I am off to lay down.

No comments: