Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Home again, home again, jiggity jig

Six weeks has in fact flown by. I am currently sitting in the Amersterdam airport waiting for my flight back to Chicago to leave. Mom is already on her flight back to Minneapolis. Our last couple of days in Lisbon was great-- and we again continued to eat, drink and look at the sights.
Yesterday we went to the outside of town to the new aquarium (not as good as the Shedds, no whales), ate lunch and walked through some gardens. After lunch, we returned to our hotel to pack and get organized.
While these past six weeks has been amazing and almost flawless, I am ready to have a washer and dryer at my disposial, not be living out of a suitcase and in my own bed. For the last six weeks, I have dined at more resturants then kitchen tables, slept in the same bed for more then a couple nights, driven a car or had a cell phone (to be honest...I miss texting).
I am very interested in finding a way to get back to Europe in the next year whether it be for school, work or laying on Gigi's couch. Finding a job would be the preferred method of returning to Europe but I am keeping all of my options open. If you have any advice, let me know.
Peace out Europe. And sorry Gigi, we are no longer on the same continent.

No comments: