Monday, August 25, 2008

T - 9 Days

That's right, I am leaving next Wednesday with a 4 p.m. departure from O'Hare. My apartment is in shambles, I am barely packed and I am sleeping like it is finals week (so...poorly) but the big adventure will be worth it.
I am doing my last week with my kids. They have finally hired a new nanny. I have been promised that Brett and Reid will not like her better and once I return I am allowed to show up and tell her everything she is doing wrong.

Spano comes this weekend! Stoked to see her. The goal is to get all moved out of my apartment by Friday so that we can both be homeless together (our last ditch effort will be the hostel downtown or pitching a tent at Diversy Harbor) and I don't have to worry about getting things clean etc. while she is here. We have made a list of things to do that includes but is not limited to:
1. Drinking cheap white wine at Joys (luckily she won't have to quiz me on religion/politics this time).
2. Have a drink at Kelly's on the patio before 4 p.m.
3. Go to a bar neither of us have ever been before.
4. Eat at the Southport Grocery
That's all we got so far. I'm sure the list will increase by the end of her stay.

Got the trip all planned out now. I had to drop Prague and any chance of going to Ireland. 5 countries in 6 weeks seemed like a fair amount and I decided to spend a couple extra days in Paris with O'dile. Then its on to Oktoberfest (yes, Oktoberfest is in September) to meet Rider, down to Italy for a week, across the water to Barcelona, meeting my mommy in Madrid and then meeting the sisters in Lisbon. My flight is back to Chicago in which I will take up residence on Louisa and Kate's couch until they kick me out or I find a sublet. I have an interview with Close Up scheduled for October 27th which means I might be heading to D.C. after the first of the year. Until I figure that out, I am going to seek my dream job as a bouncer and intern for the Dover Political Strategies Group. Piece of cake.

No comments: